Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator Review

For the one week that I was in New York, my family and I were walked outside every single day. Under the hot sun. With it's burning UVB rays, ouch. After being in the heat for practically the entire day, my face was oily and shiny (luckily I always have my blotting wipes with me) and my body felt sticky and gross. I'm literally a hot mess in the summer if I have to stay outside for a few hours - not attractive lol.

So that's when I decided to research some good body scrubs! I came across Clinique's Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator and I decided to give it a try. I ordered it online from Sephora, $25. It came with a free mini sample of my choice too!, but I'll get to that later in another post.


Anyhoo, Sparkle Skin is a gel-based formula that "whisks away surface dryness, dullness, recharging skin wile leaving a buffed glow." Since it's gel-based, I recommend it for those who have normal to oily skin types. (Scrubs with emollients and moisturizing ingredients are best suited for dry skin.) I used it after a brisk walk around the park, so I had a good sweat going. My skin felt soft and smooth all over, especially my elbows and my feet. I also like how my skin didn't feel dry at all after exfoliating.

One problem I have with this product is that it's formula contains menthol, which is an irritant. Although the menthol will rinse off in the shower, it'd be great if didn't contain menthol at all. I suggest to use this sparingly, especially if you have sensitive skin. Overall, I think Sparkle Skin is a good product, but it's definitely not the best. There are better scrubs out there that I have yet to try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment